Your boiler or boiler and cylinder is responsible for both your central heating and hot water throughout your home. If either of these breakdown, this can be a big issue, especially with the colder months creeping in.
Central Heating Maintenance and Repairs
When your heating breaks down, this can cause a multitude of issues within your home. However, these problems can easily be averted. Having your boiler serviced annually can increase the lifespan of your boiler and keep your central heating in the game for longer too.
If you’re unsure how to tell if your boiler is on the brink, click here for the signs.
We stress that you should not go about carrying out the work by yourself, as this can be extremely dangerous and potentially invalidate any insurance that you’ve taken out.
You should have your boiler repaired and maintained, but not just by anyone – it should always be with a Gas Safe engineer. We have an extensive team of heating experts, several of whom are fully registered, card-carrying members of the Gas Safe Register. If you have a boiler breakdown, call our team on 01473 320 350 or email email@example.com for your FREE quotation.
Tips and Tricks to Stay Warm in Winter if Your Boiler Breaks:
- Wear more layers. Wearing a coat and hat can certainly look silly while inside, but it doesn’t half help keep the warmth in!
- Draught-proof your home – temporary fixes such as taping your windows shut can be an effective way to keep the heat within your home.
- Curtains please! Drawing the curtains can act as an insulation layer.
- Using a hot water bottle is an effective way of heating bedding and keeping yourself warm.
Things to Consider when Replacing Your Boiler
- Boiler type – do you want a combi or a heat only boiler?
- Hot water usage – do you use large or small amounts of hot water? This may affect which type of boiler you get.
- The amount of space within your home – A combi boiler is better for smaller households, as it does not need hot water cylinders.
- Compatibility with solar water heating – many combi boilers aren’t compatible with solar water heating, so this is worth taking into account.
- Fuel type – Do you have Gas, LPG or Oil?
For more information on things that need to be taken into consideration, call us on 01473 320 350 and one of our expert team members will be happy to help you with your enquiry.
If you need an emergency plumber or a Gas Safe engineer for boiler installation, maintenance or repairs, call AES National on 01473 320 350 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To find out about our rates, contact us for a quote.