All too often we come across people who have never had a boiler service or boiler replacement. Although landlords and local authorities are legally required to carry them out, homeowners on the other hand, are not.
You should get a registered Gas Safe engineer to conduct an annual boiler service to avoid risks such as Carbon Monoxide poisoning.
Tell-Tale Signs Your Boilerâs on the Brink:
– Lack of hot water
– Leakages or drips
– Strange noises, such as banging, whistling or even gurgling
– If your boilerâs pilot light goes out
– Loss of pressure
– Frozen condensate pipe
– Thermostat issues
– Kettling, which is when your central heating boiler makes a sound similar to a kettle coming to the boil. This is caused by a build-up of lime scale within the water container
For more information on the signs of a broken boiler, click the link.
If youâre experiencing any of the above, call AES National on 01473 320 350 or email email@example.com to arrange a boiler service or a boiler replacement with our Gas Safe Engineers.
Boiler Service Checklist
When an engineer has arrived for a boiler service, you should expect:
– An emissions check to discover if the boiler is leaking any hazardous gasses, (such as Carbon Monoxide).
– A flue check to ensure that the boiler is properly ventilated.
– The engineer should check the boilerâs pipework to determine if Safety Standards are met.
– Control checks (these make sure the boiler functions correctly).
– Visual inspections for rust, leaks or corrosion.
– The engineer should also conduct a pressure check to ensure that water and gas is at the correct pressure.
When Will You Need a Boiler Replacement?
When your central heating boiler is in need of replacement, it can be a pretty scary and stressful time, especially in the middle of winter with a house full of kidsâ¦
If your boiler is an open flue appliance, you should ideally request a boiler replacement. Boilers with a flue appliance remove oxygen from the air in the room, so you should have an air vent on your floor or windows to aid the supply. This type of boiler is not as effective as an up-to-date gas boiler. Likewise, if your Carbon Monoxide detector keeps going off, you could be facing serious problems. You should call an engineer right away, as this could potentially be very dangerous.
If your central heating boiler requires constant repairs, i.e. youâre always topping up the pressure or resetting your boiler, again, youâre definitely facing an issue.
At AES, itâs more than just a boiler service – itâs a life safety check. We check for alarms, gas leaks and flue gas leaks, check combustion for no Carbon Monoxide, which is both colourless and odourless but is fatal in very small doses.
Sleep safe – have your central heating boiler checked by a Gas Safe approved central heating expert. If youâd like a quote for boiler replacement or boiler servicing, call us on 01473 320 350 or email firstname.lastname@example.org – we look forward to speaking with you.