The AES Renewables team incorporates a range of microgeneration energy sources into its renewable energy technology packages, paying particular attention to helping clients meet SAP (Standard Assessment Procedure – the UK Government’s recommended method system for measuring the energy rating of residential dwellings) ratings. In doing so, we make sure that your dwelling complies with national regulations, and that you benefit from reduced
energy consumption, thereby saving you money and reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
We design, supply and install:
- Mitsubishi, Daikin and Kensa Air and Ground Source Heat Pumps
- MVHR (Mechanical Ventilation and Heat Recovery) Systems
- Solar Water Heaters
- Biomass Boilers
- Shower Save Heat Exchangers
Air and Ground Source Heat Pumps
Air source heat pumps and ground source heat pumps are both forms of renewable technology that absorb heat from natural sources, and use it to further heat water contained within the pump itself, which is then transferred to heating units (such as radiators or underfloor heating) throughout a property.
Heat pumps are a fantastic, renewable form of heating, but require appropriate room to install. Air source heat pumps, for example, are placed outside of a property (either mounted on a wall or on the ground) and need to be given enough room to achieve a good level of airflow. Conversely, ground source heat pumps require a big enough garden to be able to dig trenches or install boreholes for ground loops.
Underfloor heating on all ground floor areas is the most popular form of heating system used with an air or ground source heat pump, using lower heat to provide you with the highest level of comfort heating achievable.
Once installed, however, air and ground source heat pumps require minimal maintenance, and will benefit you by:
- Reducing your fuel bills
- Reducing your carbon footprint
- Earning you money through the government’s Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI), the monetary benefits of which are shortly set to rise by up to 35%.
MVHR (Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery)
MVHR systems allow you to maintain the perfect temperature within your property, while simultaneously supplying it with fresh, clean air, all year round. They work by continuously extracting damp air from a property, and ‘recovering’ the heat within it via the unit’s heat exchanger, which is then applied to fresh air extracted from outside the property, and finally circulated throughout the property.
- Providing fresh, clean air, which is free from allergens, condensation and pollutants, making them the perfect solution for allergy and asthma sufferers
- Helping your property to meet SAP’s Dwelling Emission Rate standards
- Cutting down on heating bills, as they re-use up to 95% of household heat that would otherwise be lost
Solar Water Heaters
Solar thermal and renewable energy, in general, is becoming increasingly popular and is predicted to provide 20% of the world’s energy by the year 2027. The many benefits of solar energy and solar water heaters include:
- As sunlight is free and abundant (even in the UK), once your solar water heater has been installed, you will see significant savings on your heating bills
- As sunlight is a sustainable energy source, solar power is also the perfect choice for the environmentally-conscious, as it helps to substantially reduce your carbon footprint
Biomass boilers are a renewable alternative to traditional, gas or oil boilers and underfloor heating systems, and work by burning logs, wood chips and other forms of biomass to provide a property with heat. Biomass is fed from the boiler’s storage area (or ‘hopper’) to a burning chamber, in which it is ignited. The temperature within the property can be controlled via a thermostat.
Biomass boilers will benefit you by:
- Reducing your heating bills – Although wood prices can vary, biomass will often be a considerably cheaper alternative to gas and oil
- Earning you money back via the government’s Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI)
- Reduce your carbon footprint
We supply both commercial and domestic solar water heating, in addition to our other renewable energy systems, to a wide variety of properties. Get in touch today for more information about renewable energy solutions, or to arrange a free demonstration of any of any of the products mentioned on this page, by calling 01473 320 350 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org – We look forward to hearing from you.