As the winter weather starts to settle and spring approaches there seems like no better time to think about underfloor heating for your home.
Having this system installed in your home can be disruptive, making spring the optimum time to get the installation process underway ready for the colder months. This will limit the amount of disruption to the heating system you already have in place and you wont have to battle the cold because you’ve had to turn your heating off for the time it takes for the underfloor heating system to become operational.
A few things to think about before installation:
- Installing your new underfloor heating system over the warmer months gives you time to prepare for winter.
- During this process you might also like to consider whether or not you want to remove or keep any radiators in the rooms you’re planning to heat with your new underfloor heating This isn’t an essential step, but it is something to consider before installation.
How does underfloor heating work?
Our underfloor heating system circulates heated water throughout your property via a network of concealed pipes under your floorboards that are connected to your boiler. Unlike other traditional heating methods such as radiators and electric heaters, the underfloor heating systems that we put in place are completely hidden, meaning that there is no impact on the aesthetics of your property at all. You wont have to worry about unsightly radiators that stick out against your décor.
We stray away from the out-dated method of electric underfloor heating and instead we choose to install water underfloor heating systems, which not only provide our customers with the best possible product available on the market but also reduces your carbon footprint and works at far lower temperatures, making them the perfect choice for installation in conjunction with other renewable heating systems, such as biomass boilers, ground source or air source heat pumps, and solar powered heating systems. You are then able to connect your water underfloor heating to these systems instead of your boiler if you wish to do so. Water underfloor heating provides you with more choice and freedom to manage how you heat your home.
Here’s what you need to know about the installation process:
This process is a relatively simple one for our team of expert plumbers. However unlike electric underfloor heating, which a person who’s confident in their DIY abilities could successfully install on their own, water underfloor heating systems are on the more technical side of things, so it is best that you let a professional fit this for you.
- Installation involves complex plumping connections and various tests that have to be carried out along the way to ensure your underfloor heating system is safe and running smoothly.
- Water underfloor heating is compatible with most existing conventional heating systems already installed and running in your home, such as gas or combi boilers and radiators.
- Our underfloor heating is also able to run under most floor types as well as being fully compatible with geo-thermal and solar heating systems that you may already have in place.
- Once you have decided which system you would like your underfloor heating to run off, we will carry out various inspections of the floors in the rooms you would like heated. This is a crucial part of the process to ensure your floors are properly prepared with the right insolation and have enough space to accommodate the extensive piping network that water underfloor heating
What are some of the benefits of underfloor heating?
Underfloor heating comes with various different benefits that range from reduction of dust in the home,thereby improving your health to the lack of maintenance involved in underfloor heating which saves you money in the long run. Here are a few other benefits of water underfloor heating:
No more family meetings about who touched the thermostat:
Dads across the UK rejoice – underfloor heating allows you to be as flexible as you want. This heating system lets you heat every room in your house to each individual’s personal preference. No more mediating fights between family members or flatmates with different temperature preferences. Underfloor heating solves it all by enabling you to easily and efficiently monitor how your rooms are heated and when. This system is perfect at keeping family arguments at bay but also massively reduces your carbon footprint. By tailoring the temperature to your individual needs you will save both energy and money – Everyone wins!
The maintenance that underfloor heating requires compared to other methods of heating:
Underfloor Heating comes with little to no maintenance required. While we can’t guarantee that nothing will ever go wrong with your heating system, we can assure you that it is highly unlikely that you will see fault with your underfloor heating system. When we install your heating system, we ensure that everything is in perfect working order, leaving almost no room for error. We want you to be able to rest easy knowing that you have a safe system in place, installed by a team of highly skilled professionals that are experts in the industry.
Do the pros outweigh the cons?
A drawback of water underfloor heating is that it requires a very complex process of installation so it may take a little bit longer to install than an electric underfloor heating system. However, in the long term it will be well worth it, especially when you consider all the positive aspects of water underfloor heating systems.
Once these inspections have taken place you may also need to elevate the level of your floors as this makes it easier for our team to lay these pipes accurately. This sometimes occurs in older homes that may have uneven flooring. However, this is not always the case and often we are able to move forward without making any adjustments to your floors or disruption to any of your fittings.
Are you contemplating underfloor heating for your home? Get in touch with the AES National team today on 01473 320350 or email email@example.com.