When you think of summer the last thing that springs to mind is booking your annual boiler service. We understand when the sun comes out and the days get longer, servicing your boiler slips further and further down your ‘to-do’ list. But did you know that servicing or installing your boiler in the warmer months is actually the best time of year to do it and here’s why:
- A broken boiler in the summer can be a real inconvenience but it’ better to be able to diagnose theses issues before a cold front moves in. Often people aren’t aware of any fault in their boiler system until it’s switched on in October when the colder weather starts approaching. But, by then it’s too late for a prompt boiler repair which can leave your home bitterly cold and your bank account drained because you had to call an emergency plumber during their busiest season.
- Avoid any unnecessary stress by turning your boiler on during the summer months (just long enough for your radiators to heat up) to see whether it’s working properly. If it isn’t, there’s no need to worry because all you need to do is call us on 01473 320 305 and the problem will be fixed long before the first cold front moves in.
Ignoring issues with your boiler can have fatal consequences and there are often underlying issues that only an expert would know to look out for. Some of these faults include:
- No hot or cold water is circulating around your home – the most common causes of this are broken diaphragms and airlocks, issues with the thermostat itself or low water levels all of which can be fixed by one of our experts.
- Your radiators remaining cold while the bottom is hot. This often happens because there is trapped air within your central heating system. Pipe erosion can often cause build-up in your system preventing the free flow of hot and cold water. If left to deteriorate this issue can cause fires and even explosions.
- If your system often switches itself off or the pressure often fluctuates you could be experiencing low water pressure, or a complete lack of water flow which can be caused by a closed valve, trapped air or the pump not circulating the water in the system properly. All of these signs could indicate a serious fault in your system which if left to worsen could result in catastrophic failures.
- A fault that many people face with ageing boilers that haven’t been regularly serviced is that they can start using more gas than necessary. Which could mean your boiler needs cleaning.
Arranging a gas boiler service and boiler safety check during the summer months, you can ensure the perfect indoor temperature throughout your home all year round. Our qualified gas safe engineers are able to quickly diagnose and fix the potential faults in your boiler before the situation worsens or becomes dangerous for you and your family. Trust us when we say it is never too early to ensure you have a functioning and safe boiler heating your home come winter.
We offer FREE quotations and extended guarantees with one FREE annual servicing for all boilers installed before September. Now that’s an offer you can’t resist! Each new boiler we install comes with an extended guarantee absolutely free of charge, as we are Approved Gold installers for Worcester Bosch. However, gas engineers become extremely busy over the winter months, and you may, therefore, struggle to get a booking in good time. We encourage all our customers to have their boiler serviced or installed before the busy winter period by contacting our office on 01473 320 350.